Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Remembrance Day 2010

This isn't to my usual blog theme, but today, I knew there was something special to post about.

Remembrance Day is celebrated on the eleventh day of the eleventh month at the eleventh hour. It is not a day to glorify war, but to remember the war and all of the men who gave their lives so we could live a tranquil, peaceful life.
Today, when I was sitting in a plastic chair, by a lake, listening to an ex-war veteran talk about how life was in the war, I realised just how lucky I was to be here. It makes all of the problems that seem major to me, seem like the tiniest hiccup in a persons life.

So when you get the chance next, take the time to remember these fearless soldiers and what they gave for there country.

Lest We Forget

No comments:

Post a Comment